Friday, June 21, 2019

UFOs have been sighted







OMG … I am not a fan … do not know if they are real… but they really spook me out … so what are the odds … I would randomly move into a rental where they landed and not even know this fact,  until the locals told me about the sightings ??? I guess with me they are very good odds! Because that is exactly what happen to me …

First let me bring you back to the time of the UFO sightings, I was in high school and it was the talk of the town and in the high school I attended and reported on in the news … Now it was not bad enough I lived in a house at the time, I thought was haunted… now I had to worry about UFO’s … My thoughts at the time,  good gravy with my luck, those UFO’s are going to do a fly over the haunted house I live in! So now I was spooked by my house and spooked to go outside in fear of a UFO! Talk about needing a safe space… I had none!

Below are a couple of news clippings from the time of the UFO sightings… they start like this  UFOs Over The Wanaque Reservoir: The Roswell of the Ramapo’s January 11, 1966 started like any other mid-winter day in the small suburban town of Wanaque, NJ. The air was clear and cold, kids were enjoying the holiday vacation from school, and residents of the Passaic County borough went about ….


So irony of ironies many decades later I was in need of a rental … I like out of the way places where I can write and enjoy nature … I found the perfect spot in a place called Wanaque (the town’s name did not register with me, at the time of the rental as being a place of UFO’s) … the rental was really cute, acreage and place to write and chill out … not many families in the area, but very friendly people… I could take long walks on the back of the property and it overlooked the Wanaque Reservoir, stunningly beautiful … there was an area on the property though that for some reason, seemed “magical” for a lack of better words… there were lots of cactus (or wait that is cacti)  such (not native to the area) and the animals exceptional friendly … somehow the moonlight at this rental seemed more intense as well … again for lack of better words on some level the rental seemed like  the Scottish village of  Brigadoon a magical little place not on a map … Loved it there!!!! That is until a local man who lived in the area for over 50 years told me the stories of the UFO’s in the area and on the property … instantly I remembered the story from my high school days … the place I was terrorized of I was now living on!!!  OMG … so I collected UFO stories from the locals on what they saw … and heard about the hundreds of people who would come and watch the UFO’s …  and I have to say ... it was kind of cool to be ground zero for a UFO landing party!