Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Today is my 60th anniversary! ... and ... I agree with Nancy on this one, it is her decision ...

The self-righteous think they can “see” and are "worthy" yet they deny the Host to the sinner,  the blind … so who is really blind?



Sixty years ago today, I received my First Communion and frankly I hated the process, I hated all the religious training, I received from the Catholic Church (actually still do and it has gotten worse,  with all the hidden scandals within the Church and their failure to stand up during the pandemic) 

 The nuns were savage and had no people skills and the priest was a bit “off” to say the least. “Religion” taught me to fear the “Big Guy in the sky” and no matter what I did … I simply was not going to be good enough for him … so I would have to return at least monthly to the priest who was a bit “off” and tell him how bad I have been and he (the priest) had the magical powers to make it ok with God … until the next month that is … at least that is what those weekly Catechism classes said… so 60 years ago today was a big day for me … I could say good bye to those judgmental and mean spirited nuns and the creepy priest… revive communion and be done with it … I did not want to be there in the first place, I was forced to go not by my parents but by my Aunt, who was a religious frantic, made so by her father, who was even more of a “dictator of religion” and the reason why my own father hated organized religions …

And I am so tired of hearing about “Latin” being the “holy Language of God”… seriously, Latin was not the native tongue of Christ when he walked on earth and “mystics” are not hearing verses in “Latin”, a “locution” is not even words it is more akin to mental telepathy or “infuse knowledge” … the "magic", the "holy"  is in your faith 

To this day, even after all my own extraordinary spiritual  experiences, I am completely turned off by those who are “self- righteous”/ religious or those who call themselves “old school or conservative” faithful, for their faith is based in “control” and as such they are missing the point of salvation and the justification of Jesus Christ … you cannot “earn it”, you can never be “worthy of it” … you just accept it or you do not and you leave the door open for others to approach God directly and you stop judging “souls” … Yes you can “judge behavior” but stopping someone from going to God, because you find someone’s behavior unacceptable is a sin against the Holy Spirit… you either believe God is all powerful or you do not, and you are not called to be God’s “bodyguard” stopping others from coming to him …  

I have written about this in the past, again and again …

https://mysticsmemoirs.blogspot.com/2019/08/they-weaponized-eucharist.html

 stop using the Eucharist as a “reward” or a dog treat for what you think is good behavior…  yet you who claim is without sin goes and receives the Eucharist… every single person standing on the line to receive the Eucharist is a “sinner”, whether they choose to believe so or not … the priest handing you the Eucharist is a sinner, on many levels more so … so if you sinner can go and receive the Eucharist,  stop trying to justify not letting other sinners do the same …    

Better to be a dog under the table begging for scarps then thinking you can tell another not to receive the Eucharist